Chairman and CEO
ICI Homes (Intervest Construction, Inc.)
Mori Hosseini was elected to the Embry-Riddle Board of Trustees in April 1999. He serves as Vice-Chairman of the Board of Trustees, and is Chair of the Committee on Trustees, and the Facilities and Capital Planning Committee. He is also a member of the Compensation and Executive committees.
Mori Hosseini is the Chairman and CEO of ICI Homes — one of Florida’s largest residential homebuilder/developers. Born in Iran, Mr. Hosseini was primarily educated in London, England, where he received a degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Chelsea College of Aeronautical Engineering. He then attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,where he received both a Bachelor of Science Degree in Aeronautical Studies and Master of Business Administration.
Mr. Hosseini founded ICI Homes in 1980. Consistently ranked by Builder Magazine among the nation's Top 100 homebuilders, ICI Homes has built thousands of homes in most major Florida markets, including the counties of Volusia (corporate office headquarters), Flagler, St. Johns, Duval, Nassau, Seminole, Orange, Osceola and Brevard. In addition to land development and homebuilding operations, Hosseini is involved in many other enterprises throughout Florida including a lumber company, a title insurance company and a utility company.
Hosseini serves on several corporate, civic and public boards and associations. His affiliations include the following:
- Board of Governors, State University System of Florida; Vice Chairman of the Board and Chairman of the Appointments Committee
- Board of Directors – International Speedway Corporation
- Board of Trustees – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Chairman-Elect of the Board and Chairman of the Committee on Trustees and Chairman of the Committee on Facilities and Capital Planning
- Chairman of the Board – Allstar Building Materials
- Chairman of the Board – Southern Title Family of Companies
Recognized for his countless professional, industry, civic and personal contributions to the community and the nation, many honors have been bestowed upon Mr. Hosseini, including:
- 2013 Doctorate of Humane Letters, Honorary Degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 2011 BUILDER Magazine’s “Hearthstone Humanitarian Award”
- 2010 Glenn and Connie Ritchey Community Service Award – Council on Aging
- 2010 (5) Proclamations: “Mori & Forough Hosseini Day” by Volusia County Council, Volusia County School Board, City of Daytona Beach, City of Ormond Beach, City of Port Orange, Florida
- 2009 Spirit of Hope Award – Habitat for Humanity
- 2007 Home Builders Association – Inducted into the Hall of Fame
- 2007 Opening and Dedication: “The Mori Hosseini Center”– Daytona State College
- 2006 Ellis Island Medal of Honor − Entered into the United States Congressional Record
- 2006 Lou Fuchs Award − Daytona Beach/Halifax Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2006 Builder of the Year, ICI Homes – Northeast Florida Builders Association
- 2002 Dedication: “ICI Center”– Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 2002 Declaration: June 6, 2002 as “Mori Hosseini Day” – Volusia County Council
- 2001 Community Leadership Award – City of Daytona Beach
- 2001 Salvation Army Leadership Award
- 1998, 1999, 2000, 2006 Recognition Award – Habitat for Humanity
- 1998 Builder of the Year– Volusia Homebuilders Association
- 1997 Enterprise Award – Daytona Beach/Halifax Area Chamber of Commerce
- 1994 Entrepreneur of the Year, Construction and Real Estate Industry – Ernst & Young/Merrill Lynch Florida
Hosseini, his wife and three daughters are longtime residents of Ormond Beach, Florida.