Institutional Advancement seeks to advance public understanding, build and strengthen lifelong relationships, and enhance philanthropy in support of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
What We Do
We build strong support and lasting relationships with a variety of University constituencies, including alumni, parents, friends, industry leaders, and community members.
Who We Are
Institutional Advancement is composed of:
- The Office of Alumni Relations
- The Office of Alumni Relations directs and supports programs with the mission of sustaining a lifelong relationship with Embry-Riddle's more than 100,000 alumni all over the world. The Alumni Office provides alumni with opportunities to network, volunteer, support current students, and strengthen their connection to their University. For more information, please contact Bill Thompson ('87,PC), Executive Director of Alumni Relations, at 386-226-7457 or William.Thompson@erau.edu.
- The Office of University Development
- The Office of University Development works to establish and maintain relationships with Embry-Riddle alumni, parents, and friends, as well as corporations and foundations that provide private financial support for the University and its programs. The office includes the staffing for the annual fund, development services, planned and major gift initiatives, the faculty and staff campaign, and special events. The development team produces annual donor reports, endowed scholarship reports, and led the University's recently completed $65 million "To Soar" Campaign. For more information, please contact Bernadine Douglas, Vice President for External Relations, at 386-323-5090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Archives/Embry-Riddle History
- Preserves and documents the University's history and heritage by collecting and archiving documents, oral histories, memorabilia, and artifacts that tell the Embry-Riddle story from the earliest days as a flight school at Lunken Airport in Cincinnati, Ohio, through its emergence as a global university. For more information, please contact Kevin Montgomery, University Archivist, at 386-226-6296 or Kevin.Montgomery@erau.edu.
- Corporate Relations
- Corporate Relations establishes new alliances between Embry-Riddle and key industry partners by securing philanthropic support and developing collaborative research and development partnerships with aviation, aerospace, and other related industries. For more information, please contact Lou Seno, Vice President of Corporate Relations and Government Affairs at 386-226-7770 or email@example.com.
- The Office of Communications and Marketing
- The Office of Communications and Marketing serves as an information source for internal and external clients, and has the overall goal of maintaining and enhancing Embry-Riddle's public image. The Marketing department is responsible for brand management, advertising, trade shows, promotional partnerships, and creating and approving collateral pieces. The Communications department's responsibilities include media relations, crisis communications, publicity, news releases, and publications. For more information, please contact Melanie Hanns, Director of Public Relations, at 386-226-7538 or Melanie.Hanns@erau.edu.
- University Events
- University Events manages special events for the President's Office, The Office of University Development, and, when needed, The Office of Alumni Relations and the Department of Athletics.
For more information, please contact Institutional Advancement at 386-226-6316.